Thursday, June 30, 2011

bad moods, blessings, best friends, and birthdays

So I've been all inspired recently to make positive new changes in my life.  Most recently, I've started "counting my blessings."  I realized how much I take the little things, which in reality are gigantic miracles, for granted.  For example, sunsets, sunrises, wildflowers, and rain-showers.  Each are blessings from God and I don't want to become desensitized to them.  I started making a list each day and it's been awesome.  However, Monday morning came along with my terrible mood.  And I had no problem letting everyone know about it too.  I was bitter about having company staying in my room, which caused me to move in with my sister.  I was sad about leaving for the rest of the summer.  All I wanted to do was spend as much time with my friends as I could before saying goodbye.  I forced myself to take a nap in hopes that I would try the whole "waking up on the other side of the bed" deal again.  Didn't completely work.

Moving on.  I ended up going to hang out with a friend after tutoring which started to lift my spirits.  However, I definitely was not ready for what awaited me upon my return home.  I walked in on my first surprise birthday party, not to mention my 3rd birthday party ever.  My friends knew I was sad about leaving and wanted to all be able to celebrate with me before I left.  I am convinced I have the best friends in the entire world.  God WOULD turn my worst day of the summer into a night I'll always remember :)

The initial surprise...



This girl. Words can't describe :)

And the rest of the night was history...

Thank you to all who helped make this happen :)


No comments:

Post a Comment