Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Turning A New Leaf

Well...considering it has been an entire other semester since I've updated this blog, it's obvious I'm HORRIBLE at blogging.  It's been about an entire year since I first created this blog, and I feel like I should either commit to blogging or delete it, so here's my attempt to commit.  There's no way I could update about the past semester so I might as well jump to the present.  Most important things first then:  it's summer.  The greatest time of the year.  Hands down.

So far this summer has consisted of me panicking trying to find a job.  That resulted in God, yet again, proving to me His faithfulness in providing plenty of opportunities to get the money I need to pay for the necessities.  My main job this summer will be babysitting three siblings, which will start on Tuesday so I'm sure plenty of future blog posts will be concerning that.

What I have gotten to do is travel to Oxford, Mississippi for the sister's graduation from Ole Miss.  This resulted in such a mixture of emotions--happiness, sadness, panic, regret, anxiety, etc.  Happiness about getting to be in the amazing town of Oxford with amazing people, sadness because everyone had to say goodbye to their best friends, panic because I will have to face this next year, regret because I have realized that some of my relationships in college have been too shallow and meaningless for how short of a time I have with them, anxiety due to my plan-less future, and well, you get the picture.  I've definitely had lots to contemplate while I've been waiting to begin babysitting, and I'm praying that this summer will be a perfect time to prepare in all aspects for the upcoming senior year.

And on that note I will leave you with a picture of the siblings on grad day:

No comments:

Post a Comment