Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Babysitting...or Parenting Training?

Well, a good friend pointed out that my desire to "commit to blogging" has already failed. So I guess that means it's time for a new post.  Like I said in my last post, my summer job is to babysit twin 8 yr old boys and their 10 yr old sister.  The first day, the twins climbed on each others shoulders to sneak cookies out of the pantry.  Needless to say they are a handful and are keeping me busy.

So far I've gotten to play with horses, chickens, cats, dogs, do some gardening, and make a gazillion lunches.  Expanding on the playing with cats involved one day where I just kept the boys.  One of their cats, Midnight, is fat.  Extremely fat.  Well, the boys thought it would be a good idea to make Midnight "lose pounds," then they proceeded to chase the poor cat around the house for about an hour.  Which then caused them to want to weigh the cat and check if it "lost pounds."  They claim it lost 2.  The rest of the day the poor cat lay panting in a corner.  More stories to come.  Until then, enjoy a picture of some of the kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment